MS in Business Analytics
Today's flood of complex market data is creating high demand for skilled Business Analytics professionals: those who know how to analyze large amounts of data to gain insight for informed business decisions.
Business Analytics (BA) is growing in strategic importance across industry sectors, because BA techniques can enable organizations to anticipate and initiate market change by uncovering unexpected patterns in data. As a result, BA is helping diverse organizations leverage a wealth of new information to create competitive advantage.
Fordham's Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) seeks to fill employers' need for BA professionals and to prepare graduates for successful careers in this growing field by developing students' strategic thinking skills along with a solid technical foundation in data and model-driven management decision-making.
Fordham GBA is uniquely positioned to deliver a world-class program in Business Analytics. Building on its nationally ranked Management, Finance and Marketing programs, GBA offers high-caliber academic resources and unparalleled access to one of the leading finance, data and media centers in the world--New York City.
Fordham's MSBA program integrates analytic techniques, data management, IT, modeling, and statistics to train students to become effective analysts and informed users of business data. MSBA Students develop the skills required to succeed in data-driven industries such as banking, consumer products, energy, government, health care, insurance, manufacturing and pharmaceuticals.
The MSBA program consists of 30 credits over 3 semesters, and can be completed in 1 year of full-time study or in flexible part-time study.
The Fordham MSBA program is designed for:
In small, personalized classes, MSBA students learn to use the tools and technologies of business analytics to:
- Graduates from analytic disciplines who want to develop advanced skills to solve complex business problems
- Graduates with degrees in quantitative areas such as Business, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, and Statistics, or those with MBAs, seeking more in-depth analytic expertise in business
- Experienced professionals seeking career advancement via specialized training in BA applied to their field
Graduates of the MSBA program will join a network of more than 14,000 graduates of Fordham Graduate School of Business Administration and more than 150,000 Fordham University alumni worldwide.
- Analyze large data sets in a variety of industries, in order to gain insight to make informed decisions
- Apply critical and analytical methods to formulate and solve business problems
- Recognize and apply quantitative algorithms, techniques and interpretation
- Identify qualitative problems and apply content analytics
- Effectively communicate analytic findings to non-technical audiences
MSBA PROGRAM COMPONENTS:
The MSBA curriculum is delivered over three trimesters (1 year of full-time study, 2-years of part-time study).
- Fall Term (12 credits): Database Management, Data Warehousing, Data Mining for Business, 1 Elective
- Spring Term (12 credits): Business Analytics for Managers, Text Analytics, Web Analytics, 1 Elective
- Summer Term (6 credits): Business Performance & Risk Management and Analytics, 1 Elective
Foundational knowledge in statistics, forecasting, and modeling is required. Students who do not meet this requirement can fulfill it by taking courses at GBA prior to starting the MSBA program.
START DATE / PROGRAM DURATION: Starts August 2014 and runs 12 months, full-time, through August 2015
MS IN BUSINESS ANALYTICS ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
The MSBA Admissions Committee evaluates each candidate based on academic qualifications, recommendations, personal essays and a completed application package.
Applicants are required to complete and submit the following items:
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
We welcome your interest in Fordham's Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) Program. If you have any questions about the program, please feel free to contact us.
Beatriz Garcia Bernalt De La Cruz
Program Associate, Master of Science in Business Analytics
Fordham University Graduate School of Business Administration
33 West 60th Street, 4th Floor
New York, New York 10023
Professor RP Raghupathi,
Professor of Information Systems
Academic Program Director, Master of Science in Business Analytics