Post-Masters Health Care Management
Post-Masters Health Care Management Certificate Program
Graduate School of Business Administration
Executive Education Announces the Launch
Post-Masters Health Care Management Certificate Program *
Interdisciplinary Concentrations: Palliative and End of Life Care;
Long Term Care; Public Health
Fordham Westchester, West Harrison, New York
Sponsored by Fordham University Global Healthcare Innovation Management Center
Program Faculty: Mary Beth Morrissey, PhD, MPH, JD, Program Director (Social Work/Public Health/Law); Bruce Jennings, MA, (Bioethics); Nancy Boyd Webb, DSW, LICSW, RPT-S, (Social Work); Maura L. Del Bene, ACHPN, APRN, PMHNP-BC, ANP (Palliative Medicine Nurse Practitioner); Judith Dobrof, DSW (Social Work); Harold Federman, MD (Palliative Medicine); Falguni Sen, PhD (Management Systems), Frederick J. Wertz, PhD (Psychology).
Program Dates and Format
Two Intensive Weekends: June 28-July 1; October 11-14, 2013
*Students enrolled in Masters Level programs may be eligible to apply. Continuing Education Credits in Social Work and Nursing can be provided. For more information, contact Mary Beth Morrissey at 914-714-2241 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Introduction to public health and health care management.
- Law, Ethics and Humanism in Care Management of Seriously Ill Patients and Special Populations
- Foundations in palliative care: Policies, procedures and protocols; clinical management of pain, symptoms and acute dying; advance care planning
- End of Life Care: Challenges in Management of Costs and High Intensity Care, Care Transitions, and Decision Making
- Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice and Leadership Models Part I;
- Death, Dying and Bereavement: Coping with Grieving and Spiritual Distress within the Family System;
- Gerontological issues in health care management;
- Long term care, financing, and innovative models of palliative care: Intersection of ethics, social work and palliative care;
- Health Care Financing;
- Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice and Leadership Models Part II.
This Health Care Management Certificate Program is co-sponsored by the Collaborative for Palliative Care, Inc. No responsibilities or liabilities for providing continuing education credits or approving faculty or curricula attach to this co-sponsorship.
400 Westchester Avenue
West Harrison, New York 10604
Applicants should have a master’s degree in social work, nursing, physical or occupational therapy, chaplaincy, bioethics, or other medical or health/mental health profession, and at least 12 months or comparable experience in a health, long term care, palliative or end-of-life care setting. Volunteer or family caregiving experience will be reviewed and considered.
Please click here to submit your online application.
$2,700 if paid in full by April 30, 2012
$3,000 payable in two equal installment payments of $1,500 due on the following dates:
Americans with Disabilities Act Requests
- $1,500 due April 30, 2012
- $1,500 due June 15, 2012
Please contact Fordham University’s Office of Disability Services at
718-817-0655 if you are eligible for accommodations, or specific supports or services under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Continuing Education Credits
Information about continuing education credits in your respective discipline will be provided by the program director at the time of application. If the program is not able to provide credits in your discipline, you will be notified before the start date.
Clinical Applications Experience
Clinical applications experience can be fulfilled at a clinical or administrative site approved by the program director.